- We will shield our children from conflict
- We will not use our children as messengers or confidants
- We will not criticize the other parent in front of the children or within earshot of the children.
- We will nurture our children’s love for both of us.
- We will agree beforehand exactly what information will be shared with the children.
- We will willingly share information about our children’s wellbeing such as schoolwork, extra curricular activities, and doctor’s appointments.
- We will reassure our children that they will always have two parents that love them and the failure of our marriage is in no way a result of anything they have done or said.
- We will encourage our children to express their feelings but we, as the parents, will make the decisions.
For more information contact Vi Ballard, MFT #35376, 310-373-7994