Pasadena Collaborative Divorce – FREE Divorce Options(TM) Workshop
Date(s) - Oct 22, 2021
10:30am - 12:30pm
Categories No Categories
Selecting a divorce process option aligned with both your values and the realities of your budget is the single most important decision you will make! Divorce Options Workshops are provided as online webinars at no cost.
Recommendation: There is no advantage to attending without your spouse. When trust has deteriorated, both spouses are actually more likely to seriously consider “reasonable” process options when these are provided by professionals. Thus, inviting your spouse to attend serves you, while also serving as an act of goodwill that can set the tone for your divorce, as well as your co-parenting going forward.
This workshop serves to:
- Empower you to make well-informed and effective long-term decisions as you consider divorce, and
- Inform professionals serving clients who are dealing with divorce.
- Options offered help preserve respect and money.
- Attendees learn to understand and manage the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of divorce.
- Topics include: the different divorce options, the pros and cons and relative costs of each, divorce-related terms, and which approach may provide desired outcomes under different financial and interpersonal circumstances.
Learn about the 4 legal ways to divorce, the pros and cons of each, and how to choose a process that best fits your budget and your values:
- Self-Representation (“Do-it-yourself” – have attorney write it up!)
- Mediation (Traditional, Co-Mediation or Team Mediation)
- Collaborative Divorce (Team approach)
- Traditional Litigated Divorce
PCD Professionals, trained in all the options, help you learn how to get started and answer questions as time permits. We are licensed mental health professionals (“Communication Coaches,” “Child & Co-parenting Specialists”), financial professionals (CPA’s) specifically trained in divorce financial matters, and family law attorneys.
Ria Severance, LMFT
Reservations are required at least a day in advance of workshops. There is no charge to attend.