Free Divorce Options Workshops for Clients and Professionals Working with Families
Do you or your clients know the pros and cons of 4 legal divorce options?
Are you prepared to choose your divorce process based on your values and budget? Or guide your clients to do so?
Get answers to your many questions.
By attending a Divorce Options™ workshop, get answers from attorneys, financial specialists and counseling experts trained in all the divorce options.
Offered FREE by LACFLA, Divorce Options is a public education workshop for clients as well as professionals working with families.
A Divorce Options™ Workshop Can Helps You …
Understand and manage the legal, financial and emotional aspects of this challenging life transition, and supports professionals in a position to guide and support their clients in such matters.
Choosing your Divorce Options is the single most important decision you and your partner will make. You lose no advantage by inviting your partner to hear from professionals about the advantages and disadvantages of each option so you can decide jointly the option that’s best for you and your family. Such an invitation is also likely to increase trust and good will.
This workshop helps you explore your options and make informed joint decisions about the process most likely to provide your desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ helps you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life, with support from divorce professionals in law, finance and counseling.
Who Should Attend Divorce Options™
Workshops are open to all individuals and couples and professionals in California contemplating separation or divorce, or whose in California who are contemplating separation or divorce, or whose clients are facing this transition.
- Whether married, domestic partners or cohabitating
- Whether same or opposite gender
- With or without children
Divorce Options™ provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support, alimony and child support
- Separate and community property
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Legal and physical custody
- Impact of separation and divorce on children
Find the answers to important questions:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do different divorces processes take?
- What factors impact the cost of divorces ?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available to you?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Do-it-yourself or “KitchenTable” Divorces.
- Mediation (Enhanced, Co-Mediation & Integrated)
- Collaborative Practice
Get professional advice on how to:
- Talk to your children about divorce
- Protect what you value
- Preserve family relationships
- Plan for effective co-parenting as the future context for raising your children
- Maintain your emotional health and decrease stress
- Work together around common goals and values, versus being adversaries
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by a team of divorce experts trained in mediation as well as Collaborative Divorce, and who also are experienced with high conflict couples and litigation.
Choose the dates that work best for you!
November 17, 2020 – Noon – 1:30 – Part II Register HERE
December 15, 2020 – Noon – 1:30 – Part I Register HERE
January 19, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part II Register HERE
February 16, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part I Register HERE
March 16, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part II Register HERE
April 20, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part I Register HERE
May 18, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part II Register HERE
June 15, 2021 – Noon – 1:30 – Part I Register HERE
(no workshops July and August)
Free Client Resources HERE