The Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association is an open, interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the Collaborative Process for resolving family conflict in an non-adversarial way, by training Professionals and educating families in a more peaceful and cost efficient process.
LACFLA is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation offering continuous education and support for success with non-adversarial resolutions using the Collaborative Process. LACFLA guides and supports collaborative practice in Los Angeles County and coordinates with regional, state and international collaborative practice organizations.
Welcome to the LACFLA Website!
LACFLA carries out its mission with many projects and initiatives, including:
- Educational information for Parents and Children of Divorce
- Presentation of Divorce Options Programs sponsored by CPCal
- Public Service Programs and Speakers Bureau
- Annual Basic Collaborative Training program for Professionals and Bi annual Advanced Collaborative training Programs
- Monthly educational sessions for Professionals
- Developing countywide standardized Participation Agreement and protocols for practice
- Collaboration with the Los Angeles Superior Court to develop rules and procedures for Collaborative Practice
- Participates in developing California State laws shaping collaborative practice
- Participates in developing national uniform Model Statute for collaborative practice
- Publishes a newsletter and website about collaborative law
- Pro Bono participation with Loyola Law Schools Center for Conflict Resolution